Search engines take into account the number of customer reviews on online review sites when ranking local businesses for various search terms. The companies with more online reviews have a better chance of getting higher local search rankings.
So how do you get more online reviews? It might be a little easier than you think. Follow the tips below.
- Get on Review Sites – If you want more online customer reviews, you need to get into the game. That means registering for popular review sites. This includes: Google+ Local, Yelp, Yahoo Local, MerchantCiricle and Citysearch.
- Add Reviews to Website – Think about creating a space on your website where customers can post reviews about your products and services. You can even link to page to outside review sites such as Google+ Local and Yelp.
- Send Emails – It’s likely you probably communicate with customers via email. Send them an email with a link to an online review site. You might even want to put a few review links in your email signature to encourage reviews.
- Try Out Social Media – You’ve probably had customers ask questions on Facebook or other social media sites. Talk with them and see if they’ll post their thoughts on a review site.
- Don’t Manipulate – Avoid giving incentives to customers to write reviews. In many cases, it will backfire. Instead, try to get your most loyal and satisfied customers to write a positive review on a review site. It’s more authentic.
- Respond ASAP – If someone gives you a compliment, respond ASAP to see if they’ll write an online review. It’s better to ask the customer when your company is still on their mind.
- Turn Angry Customer into Loyal Customers – You’re going to get negative online reviews. The key is to work with these unhappy customers to improve their experience. It can result in more positive online reviews. It will also make your business better.
- Provide Excellent Service – If you want lots of positive online reviews, you need to do a good job for your customers. Properly train your employees in the art of customer service. It will go a long way in getting more online reviews.
- Ask, Ask, Ask – If you haven’t figured out by now, the key to getting more online reviews is asking. You can’t just sit around and hope for more online reviews, you need to take the initiative.
At AfterMarketer Club, we help automotive industry companies improve local search rankings by getting more online reviews.
We have helped many businesses improve local customer traffic into their stores. To find out how we can help you, please read our Search Engine Optimization Page. Call us at (602) 412-3426.
Published in SEO