This year’s SEMA Show is October 30 to November 2. If you’re like us, you want to get the most out of the trade show because you’re spending good money to be there.
If you want to improve your SEMA Show results, follow these tips.
Try something different
If you do the same old things year after year at the SEMA Show, change up your routine. It’s good to get out of your comfort zone. It could lead to new business relationships and more sales. You might want to consider:
- Visiting network events – Instead of going back to the hotel room, check out a few the SEMA-related networking events.
- Avoid the celebrities and models – Celebrities and car models aren’t going to help your business grow. Instead of waiting in line for a picture or autograph, attend an educational session at SEMA.
- Talk with the media – If you’re looking to improve the visibility of your products and services, consider talking with a reporter or blogger at the SEMA Show. You can submit a press release here to possible get some media attention.
- Get creative business cards – Instead of the same old vanilla business cards, get something people will remember. Read our post “Customers Will Remember Your Name With These Business Card Tips” for ideas.
- Connect on social media – In addition to trading business cards, connect with the person on LinkedIn. That way, you’ll always have the person’s most recent contact information.
- Spice up your booth – Consider adding some interactive features to your booth. It might include QR codes or even iPads. For booth exhibit ideas, read our post “Trade Show Exhibit Best Practices From Industry Leader.”
If you’re tired of the same old results, the key is to try something different. Thinking outside of the box will make all of the difference.
Utilize your smartphone
That smartphone you’re carrying around with you can really help you get the most out of the SEMA Show. Use the Facebook mobile app or the Twitter mobile app to share pictures and status updates with your customers on company social media channels.
Utilizing your smartphone can also help you keep track of appointments and sessions at the show. Read our post “The Top Travel Apps For The SEMA Show.” You’ll discover great smartphone apps to make traveling to Las Vegas a breeze.
Between all the meetings, keynotes and educational sessions, it can be hard to keep track of everything.
Carry around a small notepad with you to keep track of great ideas and other important notes from meetings and sessions. You’ll thank yourself later when you’re back at the office.
If you don’t feel like carrying around a pad of paper, use your smartphone. Evernote is an excellent smartphone app that will let you to take text, audio and video notes.
Use what you learn
Don’t let all of those great ideas you’ve learned at the show go to waste. When you get back from the show, take steps to implement what you’ve learned.
You’ll get a lot more out of the SEMA Show if you pick out two or three things you’ve learned and use them at your business.
At AfterMarketer Club, we can help you make the marketing changes you need to be more successful in the automotive industry. We’ve been helping automotive industry companies increase sales via social media and other automotive marketing services.
To find out more how we can help you, visit our website at www.AfterMarketerClub.com.