As its name suggests, a board is an online pin board on Pinterest where you can pin pictures and videos. Here’s an example of some boards on the AfterMarketer Club Pinterest profile.
You can create as many boards as you like on Pinterest. The key is to have a variety of boards for different interests and demographics. To help you get started, here are some great board topic ideas.
1. Feature Sales – People follow businesses on social media to find out about sales and discounts. Having a board on Pinterest highlighting your latest sales is a great way to virally spread the word.
2. Highlight Your Products – You should have at the very least one board highlighting your products and services. However, you’ll probably want to break it down into different categories. This will help drive customer traffic to your website.
3. Provide How To Tips – Consider creating a board that shows customers how to solve various problems. If you’re a repair shop, have a pin that explains how to change wiper blades. The idea is to provide customers with useful information that they will share with others to improve the visibility of your business.
4. Create a Video Board – Pinterest isn’t just about pictures. You can also pin videos. Post helpful videos that show customers how to do something… or give them a video tour of your latest products and services.
5. Include Charts, Diagrams & Infographics – This is an excellent way to spice up your Pinterest profile. Using charts, diagrams and infographics helps to visualize numbers and figures. As an example, a repair shop could show a diagram of how brakes work. A car dealership could show an infographic on gas mileage for a new car.
6. Show Off Your Business – Give people a taste of what it’s like to be inside your business. Provide a “virtual” tour by taking photographs of your business and organizing them on a Pinterest board.
7. Post Your Advertisements – Some companies like to post their print and video advertisements in a specific board on Pinterest. It’s a great strategy for showing your ads to even more people.
8. Feature Your Customers – Highlight satisfied customers with written or video testimonials. For written testimonials, include a picture of the customer on Pinterest with the testimonial in the pin description. You get 500 characters for descriptions.
9. List Upcoming Events – A Pinterest board that features upcoming events at your business is a great promotional tool. It’s an excellent way to show off past, present and future gatherings at your business.
10. Highlight Community Events – If your business participates in community events, have a board dedicated to this. Include pictures and photos from the events. It’s an easy way to show your business’ commitment to your community.
11. Post Books that Dish Out Advice – Books are very popular to share on Pinterest. Consider creating a board of your favorite books that will help customers. Think of some great how-to books that provide excellent advice on car repairs, car buying, etc.
12. Have Staff Backgrounds – Think about creating a board featuring your staff. It’s a great way for customers to get to know the employees that can help them at your business. Highlight their expertise and background in the pin descriptions.
13. Include Favorite Resources – Have a board that focuses on your favorite resources that will help your customers. This can include websites as well as gadgets and other products that make life easier for your customers.
14. Create a Board with Peers and Businesses You Like – Pinterest is not all about your business. It’s a two-way street. Consider highlighting followers as well as your favorite businesses. It’s a great way to drive traffic and help your customers.
15. Have a Board with Inspirational Quotes – Many Pinterest users like to pin and repin inspirational quotes. Having a board dedicated to quotes is a great way for customers to get a feel for the values of your business.
16. Consider Holiday Themed Boards – Around certain holidays, you might want to consider creating a board dedicated to that holiday. Maybe it features holiday decorating around your business as well as holiday specials or gift ideas.
For even more helpful Pinterest marketing tips, get our free Pinterest Marketing Cheat Sheet.
You’ll get important tips and best practices that can help improve your Pinterest marketing results. You can get it here – http://aftermarketerclub.com/dnld-pinterest-cheat-sheet/.
Published in Social Media