At AfterMarketer Club, we’ve been providing automotive Facebook marketing services for several years now.
Along the way, we’ve picked up some valuable lessons, especially when it comes to automotive Facebook advertising. Here are the 12 most important lessons about advertising on Facebook.
1. Have Goals – Good Facebook advertisers know that you need to pre-establish goals. They can include Facebook fan growth, coupon downloads, email sign ups, website traffic, etc.
2. Know Your Audience – Before you even think about creating a Facebook ad, do your research on your customers base. Find out their likes and interests. This will help you in creating relevant ads as well as with targeting.
3. Use Powerful Images – Really take your time finding images that will grab people’s attention. Don’t be afraid to have a graphic designer use photo editing software to change a photo to your liking. Which of the photos below grabs your attention? The logo? Or the guy pointing at you?
4. Headlines – Facebook gives you 25 characters to write the perfect headline. The headline is what reels the customers into your advertisements. Be creative. Generic, boring headlines aren’t going to cut it. Look at the example above, which headline is better?
5. Call to Actions – Every advertisement should have a call to action. It can be as simple as “Like our Facebook Page” or “Click Here for Coupon.” You have to tell the customer what to do to be successful.
6. Include Social Activity – Facebook gives you the option of showing social activity beneath an advertisement. This allows users to see friends, who may already like your page. Social activity helps to improve clicks and conversions. See the example below.
7. Create Multiple Ad Variations – Creating the same ad over and over again, isn’t going to work. You need to have multiple ad variations. To properly test them, change one element of the advertisement. Maybe it’s the pictures or the headline. The idea is to see which ones perform better.
8. Organize Your Ads – All of your advertisements should be properly labeled and organized. This makes it easy to keep track of them when measuring results and updating them.
9. Target Your Advertisements – The amazing thing about Facebook advertising is that you can target users with pinpoint precision. That’s why it’s important to do your customer research. You can target by gender, location, education and even interest. For instance, if you sell Mustang air filters, you can target all the people who like Ford Mustangs on Facebook with ads.
10. Create Effective Landing Pages – Too often, businesses create advertisements only to forget the landing page. You should never have your advertisements going to your website home page. It’s always better to create custom Facebook landing page tabs or landing pages on your website.
11. Watch Your Analytics – It’s important to keep close track of your advertisements to measure their performance. Make changes along the way to enhance the effectiveness of your ads. This might mean changing a headline or picture or even creating a brand new ad.
Following these 12 tips will help you improve your results with Facebook advertising. For even more automotive Facebook marketing tips, read:
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and monthly webinar on the AfterMarketer Club Blog.
Published in Social Media