When you don’t give them what they want, they become frustrated and annoyed. They may even leave your website and go somewhere else.
To help you avoid this, here are 20 things about your website that will piss people off.
1. No Clear Idea about What You Do: No one cares about your company history and your excellent service. Customers want to know in plain English what your business does and how it can help them.
2. No Hours of Operation: Many customers are coming to your website to find this information. It should be right at the top of your website, so they can easily find it.
3. No Addresses or Map of Your Locations: If you don’t have your address or a map on your website, how are customers going to find your locations? This is a must for all websites.
4. Sound/Video Files That Start Automatically: Make these features optional. You’re going to lose a lot of customers if you have welcome videos automatically playing. They’re annoying to many customers.
6. No Reasons How You Are Different From Competition: Customers want to know how you’re different from the competition. Saying that you have quality products and service isn’t going to cut it.
7. Outdated Copyright Information: Does the bottom of your website say ©2008? If your competition’s website is up to date, who is going to have the edge with the customers?
8. Too Much Stuff on a Webpage: Does your website look like the classified ads page for used cars? Customers like clean and simple websites where they can easily find important information.
9. Use of Jargon and Terms that Only You Understand: Jargon and technical terms on your website are going to confuse your customers. Keep the language simple on your website.
10. Hover Menus that Cover the Screen: Hover menus are handy. But if they cover the entire screen, it’s going to distract your customers. They may even leave your site.
11. Obnoxious Flash Animation: Flash animation slows down your website. There’s no need for unnecessary animation such as your owner receiving an award.
12. Takes Forever To Load: It should take no longer than 4 seconds for your website to load. If it takes longer, customers aren’t going to wait around for your website to show up on their screen.
13. Outdated Links or Links that Don’t Work: If your website is full of 404 error pages, customers are going to leave your website. Make sure all links work properly and are updated when needed.
14. Spelling Errors: Would you hire someone with tons of spelling errors on their job application? Spelling errors on your website will significantly hurt the reputation of your company.
15. Infrequent Updates: If Bill Clinton was the president the last time you updated your website, you’re in for some trouble. Customers want the latest information on all your products and services.
16. Too Much White Font on Black Background: Numerous studies show that white text on a black background hurts readability. This can hurt customer readability by as much as 26 percent.
17. Can’t See It On Smartphone: More and more customers are using smartphones. If you don’t make your website smartphone capable, customers using smartphones are going to ignore your website.
18. Excessive Use of Bright, Neon Colors: Your website shouldn’t look like a tuner car from the Fast & the Furious. Use a nice mix of primary and secondary colors for your website.
19. No Headlines: Every page on your website should have a clear headline explaining the purpose for the page. Make sure the headline is big enough so Stevie Wonder can read it.
20. Can’t Find Business Address: It’s important to have your corporate business address on your website. That way if customers have any concerns or complaints, they can immediately contact you.
Improve Your Website Now
At AfterMarketer Club, we have helped lots of automotive industry companies increase sales by improving their website performance.
We can take a look at your website’s performance with our No Bull Speed Review program. You’ll get a detailed analysis on the top issues that are preventing your website from selling more.
To learn more about our No Bull Speed Review program and other marketing and consulting services, visit www.AfterMarketerClub.com. For any questions, call us today at 1-877-563-8054 or visit the AfterMarketer Club Contact Page.
Also be sure to check out more of our sales boosting advice on the AfterMarketer Club Blog. There you can sign up for our industry leading newsletter, which is packed full of tons of business boosting advice for automotive industry companies.
Also find us on Facebook and join in on our online marketing discussions.